Sunday, March 19, 2017

Birthday Booroomba

I really like Booroomba Rocks. I think I've been up there three times now and I'm always blown away by the view back over Canberra and out to the Brindabella Mountains. I climbed up there on my birthday together with a friend, Andy who is staying with us at the moment. It maintained my philosophy of never working on my birthday.

Booroomba is only 30 minutes out of Canberra, but not many people venture there. It's a steep climb from the car park which probably takes about 30 minutes but the view at the top is spectacular.

We ran into a group of walkers at the top and they kindly sang me happy birthday and gave me a piece of carrot cake. I also had a cup of tea and some biscuits in my bag which made for a well earned rest at the pinacle of the rocks.

The rain caught up with us as we were descending, but it was only a shower and we reached the car without getting too wet.


No comments: