Sunday, December 20, 2015

Amy's ad campaign with University of South Australia

Not long after she left University, Amy was asked to do a promotional campaign for University of South Australia. She starred on bus shelter poster adverts and buses. I think(?) somewhere buried in the garage there may be pictures of the ads.

Something prompted me to do a search to try and find something and found that Uni SA do keep an archive of their promotional campaigns.

Whenever the kids do well at school I tell them it's because of their Mum's genes not mine. I maintain that Audrey and Eli succeed in spite of me rather than because of me! Amy would hate that I posted this - she was always much more modest about her abilities than I ever have been with my much more meagre successes.

http://w3.unisa.edu.au/promo/2004/jul01-21.asp

Here's what it reads;

I decided to bite the bullet and just do it


Amy Doidge

I was a travel agent for 12 years and although I enjoyed the work I felt it was time for a change. I had thought of going to university and finally decided to bite the bullet and ‘just do it’.

I have always been interested in international studies, particularly politics and international relations. Studying at uni made me more aware of political and historical situations in other countries and how these affect Australia.

My UniSA lecturers were enthusiastic, easy to talk to and always available if I had questions. One lecturer had worked for the government and passed on his experience in that area - which was great!

I am currently working and training in the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade where I prepare ministerial briefings and correspondence, monitor both political and trade issues (nationally and internationally), and liaise with other government departments. The work is varied and stimulating and there are many opportunities to work overseas to represent Australia.

Amy Doidge
Desk Officer, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Student, Graduate Trainee Program, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Graduate, Bachelor of Arts (International Studies) and Bachelor of Computer and Information Science, 2003
Winner, Australian Computer Society Prize, 2002
Winner, Scholarship for Academic Excellence, 2000, 2001
Winner, Dean’s Merit List, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
Winner, Chancellor’s Merit List, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
Member, Australian Computer Society
Member, Golden Key Honour Society

No comments: