Sunday, November 15, 2009

Proverb Time

We've had some really warm temperatures over the last week and people keep telling us that it's about 5 or 6 degrees hotter at this time of year than it normally is.

As I mowed my lawn on Saturday I looked over at my neighbours beautiful grass turf (which had until a couple of weeks ago been dark emerald in colour) and noticed that it had been parched far more by the sun than our own weed infested lawn. Despite the sun's bombardment, our lawn still maintained a slight green hue.

Clearly therefore the adage 'the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence' isn't such an accurate proverb after all...

(I did however notice a whole lot of identical looking birds flocking together in the garden, but that's another story.)

1 comment:

Dad said...

Our lawns are wet soggy and full of moss. Very green though. I am paying a guy to mow my lawns,Maybe I'll get a lighter mower but he does it far faster than I can so it isn't very much cash. There are two of them so the other cuts the hedge. Must have been fun owning slaves.