Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Andrzej S. Fogtt

It was a nice sunny day in Warsaw, so on the way back from our lunchtime trip to the Embassy, Audrey and I got off the metro a few stops early and went to an art exhibition near Plac Konstytucji.

The exhibition, by Polish artist Andrej S.Fogtt had been made 'Editor in Chief's Pick' in the Warsaw Insider Magazine so I was expecting good things.

The Gallery (Galeria Sztuki Fabiarnia) was only a small place - I guess the art journals would call it 'intimate'. An old lady stood on the pavement outside, and when she saw us approaching she extinguished her cigarette and went inside the gallery to turn on the lights (I guess this gives you an idea that it wasn't Tate Modern that we were visiting!)

The guys work was ok. To be honest though I thought some of his paintings looked like they'd been inspired by computer circuit boards. Audrey wasn't that impressed either. If you're nearby Plac Konstytucji then go and have a look and make up your own mind but personally I think I'd only give it 5 out of 10. There is a bakery nearby that serves nice pączki, which I would say would be a far better way to spend 10 minutes.

No comments: