Thursday, January 6, 2005

Tulear (again!!)

In order to get my flight I needed to be in Tulear early, so Safari Vizo (the place where I was staying in Anakeo) laid on my own piroque at no cost! It took us about an hour and a half to get back and I felt like some kind of lord being ferried by my own driver back to shore!

I reached the town with loads of time to spare, so went to get my ticket. Disqster struck though - the visa card connection with Madagascar was down and so you could neither withdraw cash or pay for anything by credit card. I imagined what melt-down this would cause in the UK, but here everyone just shrugged and smiled.

At about 12pm I gave up hope of catching my flight so returned to Hotel Capricorn where I'd left my bag while in Anakeo.

I've got a bit of a tummy bug, but I'm sure I'll survive!!

No comments: