Sunday, March 20, 2016

Short trip to the coast

Some friends of ours (Kirsty and Rob) had booked a place down by the beach in Dalmeny and we joined them and their children for a night (and also got to celebrate my birthday on Monday!)

It was a lovely place and just a short walk to a pretty inlet where we spotted stingrays, mullet and grayling (we think!). I had a small rod and reel with me, but none of them were particularly interested in eating the chicken on the end of my line!

On Monday (my birthday) we had lunch at the Quarterdeck in Narooma - a really nice spot, made all the better by the fact that the people there sang me a rendition of 'Happy Birthday'. The kids agreed to be nice to me for the day!

We rode our bikes along from Narooma to Dalmeny - a nice ride along a long wooden promenade - some of it was a bit hilly which didn't go down terribly well with the kids.

A nice couple of days break though!


Birthday lunch at the Quarterdeck

The beautiful coastline

the ride from Narooma to Dalmeny wasn't universally popular
pink lamingtons on our drive home

No comments: