Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Trip to the Cinema!

It was a rainy day in Warsaw today and so me and Audrey went to the cinema (in Ursynow, 4 metro stops from where we live)

It was Audrey's first outing to Multi-baby-kino, a performance especially laid on for babies and their mums (and dads!). It was only a couple of quid (10 PLN) to get in, and was really well organised with little seats for the babies, toys at the front of the theatre and a couple of change tables. There was a wide range of ages there... some tiny babies who were probably only a few weeks old, up to toddlers who spent 90 minutes dashing up (and occasionally falling down) the stairs.

Despite the chaos that was going on around me it was an enjoyable way to spend a wet afternoon. I wish I could say the film was enjoyable. "Over Her Dead Body" was certainly no cinematic masterpiece, though I guess I couldn't have expected a film with car chases in it. Still, Audrey seemed to like it and sat enthralled throughout. Certainly the plot-line would not have been too hard for her to keep up with.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ben and I often enjoy the baby showings in Oxford. We saw Indiana Jones today. Ben expressed his opinion on the film by making me change his nappy twice during it!