Friday, May 30, 2008

Blog, one year on

Dear readers, this blog is now one year old. Thanks for those that have stuck with it and are regular readers and/or corresponders - hopefully our rambling postings interspersed with snapshots of Audrey have brightened the odd day or two.

Over the last year, we've had over 3,000 visitors, which never ceases to amaze me. Ok, it's not exactly e-bay or Amazon but I guess at least it shows we have 'sticky content' other than that found in Audrey's nappies. Here's a chart showing the number of hits the page has had over the last 12 months.

I've also recently found that there are a number of sites offering to give you valuations as to what your website is worth. It works by looking at numerous variables; the number of visitors, content, cash flow, domain name etc etc. As an illustration YouTube was sold recently for $1.65 billion.

I entered my details on a site offering free valuations, and babyhickman@blogspot.com was calculated to have a worth of $43

Professional Link Building
My site is worth:
$43
Professional Link Building


Oh well, I'll have to find another way to make that million!

No comments: