Monday, December 27, 2004

Second Day of the Test

Another really sunny day, and another 10 minute walk to the ground.

Kallis continued to occupy the crease and chalked up a ton - things weren't looking great for England, and we contemplated what we were going to do for the last two days if the match ended in three!

To compensate for the disaster on the field I did meet David Gower. He was a really nice chap and posed patiently for the picture we had together. He looks old though now - no longer the fresh faced English youngster!

In the evening I met up Richard and Colleen Moulton. They are the parents of Wendy (who works for me) and they arrived at the hotel at 6pm.

They were really nice people and Richard gave me a whistlestop tour of the city. We went through a few dodgy areas where Richard said I would be unwise to wander alone!

We ended up in Pirates a bar overlooking the harbour where I was treated to beer and fish and chips (yum). There was a spectacular storm in the harbour with huge sheets of lighting cracking over the city - we watched from the comfort of the (dry) bar.

me with David Gower

No comments: