Monday, November 12, 2018

Arsenal v Wolves

During my short stay in the UK, Wolves played a game at the Emirates (Arsenal's home ground in the north of London. It's virtually impossible as a supporter who only attends games very very rarely(!) to get hold of tickets, but fortunately my friend Chris (who I have known for 20 odd years now) is an ardent Gooner and a season ticket holder (despite living many miles away from Arsenal's ground).

Chris managed to fix me up with a ticket. Sadly, part of the consequence of having an Arsenal supporter secure my ticket was that I had to sit with the Arsenal supporters. Wolves took the lead early in the game and I had to bite my tongue to avoid shouting out and thereby getting kicked out or beaten up. It was a great game and Arsenal fluked an equaliser late on so everyone went home relatively happy at 1-1. It was a great experience and I was really grateful to Chris for arranging my ticket.



No comments: