Thursday, November 23, 2017

Otis Night for Nights

 
 
I was asked to speak at the Otis ball in Melbourne. I've been a supporter of the Otis charity since Amy and I stayed at one of their properties in Thredbo.
 
I agreed months ago and as the calendar ticked ever closer I became ever so slightly nervous!
 
When the weekend itself arrived I was lucky enough to be able to leave the kids with some kind friends and head to Melbourne.
 
The dinner was enormous! 840 people - far larger than any charity ball I'd ever been to. It was really glamorous as well and the night was full of incredible performers, a DJ and....before I went on stage a guy who had previously won the Australian Voice (a singing talent competition!). He was so talented and certainly a tough act to follow - I felt like I was next into bat after Don Bradman.
 
Anyway, it all went well and the whole night was a spectacular success. When I left the event had raised $540k which is just wonderful.
 
I've made a bit of a commitment to raising more cash for Otis in the future, so I've got my thinking cap on at the moment about things we (I'd drag the kids into it) could do :)


No comments: