Saturday, May 12, 2012

'Koko Koko Euro Spoko!!"

Seems like I spoke too early about Euro 2012 looking like a fantastic tournament - In an earlier press report I saw a picture of a guy cutting the immaculate turf in Warsaw's stadium which led me to believe everything was on track. The turf in question however turned out to be not so perfect as UEFA have ordered Poland to re-turf all four stadia.
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside!

Experience suggests that new turf on a pitch often doesn't lend itself to great football - or great results - I wonder if Beckham's penalty kick is still orbiting the earth - Euro 2004 anyone?

I thought it was amusing the Polish Government official put forward to refute the claims and say that everything is going to be fine was called Pawel Gras.

Away from what is happening on the pitch/dirt, Poland has chosen it's Euro anthem. It's incredible and you really should watch it - click here!

Choosing gyrating geriatrics to represent the country is a brave move, although one that undoubtedly must win favour from Poland's Mohair Beret army - armia moherowych beretów  I rather suspect this track must really cheer up Radio Maryia! It augurs well for the tournament - even if the motorways aren't quite finished and the grass will still be fresh under the players feet, it could be a whole lot of fun!

No comments: