Monday, November 8, 2010

Audrey meets a worm


I watched a presentation recently online from a guy called Neil Pasricha. He writes a blog (which he’s turned into a top selling book) called 1000 Awesome Things. There’s a link to the blog from this site. If you’ve never seen it then have a look. It’s a really good site and despite my initial reservations he turned out to be Canadian not American.

One of a number of things he talked about in the presentation was how amazing it must be to see the world for the first time as if through the eyes of a 3 year old – he encourages people to embrace their inner 3 year old, and remember that they once saw or experienced things for the first time too.

It struck a chord with me. Last weekend Audrey and I played with a worm which the two of us had found under a weed. She wasn’t squeamish as it twisted in her hand. She didn’t care that she didn’t really know what it was. She knew (somehow!) and told me that; ‘Worms don’t have bones’ and I thought that it’s so easy to get caught up with the hustle and bustle of life without necessarily taking time to embrace your inner 3 year old. It was a lovely moment.

Here’s a picture of her as a butterfly. Even though I used proper face-paint it hadn’t all washed off her face by morning...

No comments: