Sunday, August 1, 2010

Lone Swimming

Audrey goes swimming every week (she loves it) and this week was the first time that the instructors told the parents to stay out and leave the kids to themselves. There were a few tears all round, but Audrey and the other 5 kids that she shares her lesson with all did remarkably well.

Kitted out with 'bubbles' (basically polystyrene back packs) the kids could all 'swim' on their own. (Audrey kicks and paddles pretty well) and they all made it through the lesson. It was odd though as the 30 minute session which normally passes in the blink of an eye seemed to last an eternity watching Audrey leap in on her own and paddle with the instructors.

Another Dad who goes, whose boy is a few months older than Audrey, told me that it was a remarkable stage as his boy actually started taking more notice of the instructors than he had of him, and so hopefully it'll prove the same with Audrey.

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me, but here's a picture I took of her with my phone (post-lesson) at the pool.

Audrey, future Olympic swimming champ?

No comments: