Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pull yourself together man!

Amy and I have been busy sewing over the last week to make curtains for the kids' rooms.

It was a hilarious effort trying to buy the material as (despite trying to include my only curtain-related-manufacturing word 'drop' as many times into the conversation as possible) it quickly became clear to the assistants in the fabric shop that neither of us had any idea whatsoever about what we were talking about.

Nevertheless we've ended up with a couple of efforts that resemble curtains, and both Audrey and Eli seem pretty pleased about them.

Here's some pics. As Mom said to me, it's easy to make curtains, it's difficult to make good ones, which is probably just about right....


his

hers

2 comments:

Bob Lethaby's Blog said...

Should have invited Diane over, ahe used to make curtains!!!

Norma Splitter said...

Interesting post. I'm new-ish to this blog, but have like what I've read!