Sunday, March 15, 2009

Going on 40 - no electric shocks

Saturday marked my 40th birthday.

It was a bit of a strange watershed to be honest as I think I've spent the last 20 birthdays elongating my birthday into about a week of celebrations. With this one I was happy to let (my age at least) pass relatively un-noticed. Hopefully I won't be having a mid-life crisis anytime soon (Amy says I'm not allowed one).

Amy organised a lovely garden party for me on Saturday morning, although to be honest the amount of children there meant that it very quickly became obvious that it was really Audrey's party. I think all that was missing was pass the parcel/pin the tail on the donkey etc. There was a good turnout of people, although they were probably considerably out numbered by the flies.

I must admit it was a tadge strange to be surrounded by Aussies (ok there were a couple of Brits there) and I certainly missed friends back home, but the nice weather and good company meant my birthday was definitely a Reason to be Cheerful.

(Part 3)

Audrey prepares to help her dad eat his cake

Tim, Hayley, Ted and Alex made the track from Sydney to help celebrate

No comments: