Thursday, February 19, 2009

Another Day, Another Doughnut

Today we paid our annual homage to Tłusty czwartek, or Fat Thursday, a traditional Polish Festival we've brought with us to Canberra.

Even though we're now miles away from Warsaw, the opportunity of gorging on doughnuts seemed too good a chance to pass up. Last year I had watched hoards of people clammer for pączki in Warsaw city centre. This year I resorted to placing an order with a (very friendly) DFAT pastry chef for a dozen doughnuts.

I still maintain that pączki are nicer than doughnuts, but the fact I collected the doughnuts freshly cooked from the bakery meant they ran a very close second.

I found the people at work were more than happy to share the multi-cultural experience with me (and the doughnuts too of course).

Audrey pauses to consider Australia's childhood obesity problem before tucking into her morning snack

No comments: