Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Jokes

I'm proud to admit that one of the highlights of my week is when the free Canberra Chronicle arrives in our letter box.

It's not the most high-brow of journals, certainly no Financial Times or Economist. It probably is even a step or two down from most free local papers of its type. It contains the usual stories of birds making nests in garages, bizarre letters from residents about the state of the roads, and gardening/cooking columns

The highlight comes in the form of the Chronicle Kids Club page. A small section of it has one liner jokes and I'm an absolute sucker for them. This week they went beyond themselves and listed Christmas jokes. As your unlikely to ever be lucky enough to get your own copy of the Canberra Chronicle here are some of my favourites....


Q What did the cow say on Christmas Day?
A Moo-ry Christmas

Q. What do you call people who don't like Santa?
A. Claus-trophobic

Q. Why does santa have a garden?
A. So he can ho ho ho

and my favourite...

Q. Why does Santa always go down the chimney
A. Because it soots him (geddit)

This stuff is GOLD! (perhaps I should just get out more)

To see 2007 jokes (not unfortunately from the Chronicle) click here

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have avoided clicking here in case you mean there are 2007 similar jokes, not just the jokes of the year 2007!!!

Love you all
Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

woeful

Bob Lethaby's Blog said...

Anonymous was me Trevor! Hope you are all well.

Bob

Joy said...

...................?? I agree with Anonymous. There are some funni jokes out there!!! lol but the ho ho ho one was pretty good! =D