Friday, March 28, 2008

Be an Eco-Warrior From the Comfort of Your Own Home

Tomorrow (29 March) an Australian organisation linked to the WWF (Earth Hour) is encouraging people throughout the World to turn off the electricity in their homes for one hour starting at 8pm.

I thought I'd give this green initiative my full support. Unfortunately though I noticed the timing of Earth Hour clashed horribly with the Wolves v Charlton Athletic football game on tele, which obviously meant that climate change would have to wait - at least until the final whistle.
I was then relieved to discover though, that the game will have (just) finished by the time the 'Earth Hour' starts....which is good news, as should Wolves lose, then their chances of Premiership football next season will also disappear, and I'll be more than ready to sit in a darkened room for an hour. Should Wolves win, I'll be happy to drink beer rather than boil the oh-so-wasteful-and-un-green kettle for a cup of tea. (Being English, I'm also prepared to drink the beer warm just to do my bit for the environment.)

No comments: